Getting a tattoo is a permanent decision, one that shouldn’t be rushed. Once you finally decide to get one, you actively toy with the idea of what you want, perfecting it in your mind and with your artist until that idea is put on your skin. The last thing you want after all of this dedication and anticipation is for there to be a giant mistake in your tattoo.
Unfortunately this happens, and they’re often mistakes that could be prevented with the use of one important thing – a dictionary. Spelling and grammar aren’t every person’s forte and that’s okay, but like any tattoo you consider, a little research can go a long way. Even if you’re relatively sure you know the correct spelling and punctuation, take a moment to double check anyway. As the person who will be wearing the ink forever, it’s your job as much as the artist’s to ensure everything is as it should be.
Before you go in for your next appointment, check out the pictures below of the most commonly misspelled tattoos.
10 Commonly Misspelled Tattoos
- You’re right, it’s your life, but you should’ve planned better.
- You’re never too cool for school…
- I’m certain you have at least one regret.
- Sometimes wings can’t help you fly.
- Dad’s angel needs a lesson in spelling.
- After I learn than then I’ll learn you’re.
- Give me the strength to spell correctly.
- Your guardian angel wasn’t with you that day.
- Nobody is perfect, not even her.
- I do not own next.
Remember to spell check every tattoo you get and make sure that it’s exactly how you want it otherwise you might end up on this list!