Step 1 Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
Step 2 Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin, more in highly mobile areas.
Step 3 Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
Step 4 Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
Step 5 Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
Step 6 Wear the first bandage for 8-24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps, then remove the Saniderm. Clean and dry the area and apply a second bandage which can be worn for up to 6 days.
Tips for Saniderm Tattoo Aftercare
- For maximum comfort ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm.
- When little bleeding will occur, (line work, on a hand, etc.) you may apply a small amount of lotion or ointment directly on the tattoo before applying Saniderm to prevent adhesion to the tattoo.
- When cutting to size, rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- For large areas, pieces of Saniderm may be overlapped by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- When applying to elbows and knees the joint should be in a neutral position, neither straight nor completely bent.
- Do not use Saniderm on people who have allergies to adhesives.
- If using a glycerin soap (such as green soap) be sure to rinse thoroughly as any residue will react with the adhesives and cause increased binding and possible irritation.