How To Use
How To Use
Step 1 Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
Step 2 Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin. More extra room is suggested in highly mobile areas.
Step 3 Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
Step 4 Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results, ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
Step 5 Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
Step 6 Wear the first bandage for 8-24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps. Remove the first Saniderm bandage, clean and dry the area, and apply a second bandage. Bandages applied after the first can be worn for up to 6 days.
Tips for Saniderm Tattoo Aftercare
- For maximum comfort, ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm.
- When very little bleeding will occur, for instance with line work, tattooing on a hand and so on, you may apply a small amount of lotion or ointment directly on the tattoo before applying Saniderm to prevent adhesion to the tattoo.
- When cutting the bandage for application, keep in mind that rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- Saniderm bandages may be overlapped by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- When applying to elbows and knees, the joint should be in a neutral position — neither straight nor completely bent.
- Do not use Saniderm on people who have allergies to adhesives.
- If using a glycerin soap, such as green soap, be sure to rinse thoroughly, as any residue will react with the adhesives and can cause binding and irritation.