How To Use
How To Use
Step 1 Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
Step 2 Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin. More extra room is suggested in highly mobile areas.
Step 3 Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
Step 4 Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results, ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
Step 5 Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
Step 6 Wear the first bandage for 8-24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps. Remove the first Saniderm bandage, clean and dry the area, and apply a second bandage. Bandages applied after the first can be worn for up to 6 days.
Tips for Saniderm Tattoo Aftercare
- For maximum comfort, ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm. When applying to elbows and knees, the joint should be in a neutral position — neither straight nor completely bent.
- Shave, shave, shave. Peeling Saniderm off of hair is unpleasant. Shave the entire area, plus an additional inch all the way around the site of the tattoo.
- Practice before you apply. If it's your first time using Saniderm, it may be a little tricky to work with. It doesn't hurt to practice with a small section first, just make sure you shave the area.
- When cutting the bandage for application, remember that rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- It's okay, when using multiple Saniderm bandages, to overlap them by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- If using a glycerin soap, such as green soap, be sure to rinse thoroughly, as any residue will react with the adhesives and can cause binding and irritation. Avoid loofahs or scratchy wash cloths.